Retirement Management Services is a nationally recognized, independent, fee-based consulting firm. We provide design, administration and consulting services for many types of retirement plans. We work on a team basis with plan sponsors and their financial advisors to ensure the retirement plan operates smoothly, while allowing flexibility in choosing investments and recordkeepers. The majority of our clients are located in Kentucky and Southern Indiana, however, as a Third Party Administration firm that is approved by many national vendors, RMS has a diverse client base throughout the United States. Our clients range in size from one participant plans to companies with over 50,000 employees and they operate in a variety of industries. So, no matter the size of your plan, our staff has the expertise to understand the unique needs of your business and can assist you in meeting your retirement plan needs.
We are committed to providing the highest level of service to our clients, who have consistently ranked us #1 for customer service in a national survey of employers who were asked about their Third Party Administrators. Our focus on excellence, innovation and integrity can be seen by the following benefits of working with our firm:
- We are completely independent of any other retirement advisor the employer uses.
- For plans for which we receive “revenue sharing credits” from the investment firm, we credit the full amount back to the plan sponsor as an offset against our fees.
- We prepare technical articles and sponsor seminars that keep our clients and business partners up-to-date on critical issues in the retirement plan industry.
- We administer balance forward and daily valued plans.
- Our fees are completely transparent and explained to the client before the engagement and on future invoices.
- Our team of professionals are highly credentialed. Our Account Executives have an average of 20 years of retirement plan administration experience.
- All plan data is stored in an off-site, secure, electronic format. Sensitive electronic data that is transmitted between our firm and our clients is sent via a secure file transmission service.
- View this video to learn more about what a TPA does.
Retirement Management Services was established in 1997 as a subsidiary of Deming, Malone, Livesay & Ostroff (DMLO), a local accounting firm in Louisville, KY. When the world of corporate audits and retirement plan audits began to change, DMLO and RMS decided to separate in an effort to maintain the highest standard of independence. In October of 2002, Amber Lloyd became a partner in the firm and together with Chuck Lynch they purchased DMLO’s interest in the firm. On January 1, 2009, Amber Lloyd became the majority owner. Amber took over as Managing Partner in 2012 after having co-managed with Chuck since 2002.
For some employers, a retirement program is a tool used to attract good employees. For others, it's a tax deferred incentive plan to share profits with employees. The plan can also be a wealth accumulation tool for the owners. Regardless of your plan objectives, we can help your business design and administer a retirement program that meets your needs.